Friday, March 5, 2010

New Orleans getaway ;)

Matt and I both love New Orleans...........mainly for the food!(Ok,almost entirely for the food ;) We got to visit for a couple days last week due to Matt having an oncology conference there. We got to visit the Melting Pot restaurant, which we have never been to, but always wanted to try. I must say that I fell in love with the dessert fondue!!!!!!!!!

"Honey, you have a little chocolate on your face" He doesn't care.....he's lovin' it!


Pure BLISS :)



I told Matt that we didn't have to ever come back to eat an entire meal, but every time we are in New Orleans from now on, we can make it a habit to at least come for the dessert ;) You can create your own chocolate fondue---we created a version that involved milk chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, and Oreo crumbles. The plate they bring you consists of: marshmallows covered in Oreos and graham cracker crumbs, cheesecake bites, brownie bites, rice krispie treat bites, and pound cake bites, along with a few strawberries for dipping. I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!! As I mentioned earlier in my blogs, my weakness is sweet foods. I am trying for tri season to cut out my candy/sweet treats during the week completely, and only splurge on the weekend nights. Oh man, was this weekend worth it!!!!!!!

We also tried Mother's restaurant for breakfast/lunch, and decided that we might try to make another visit the morning after New Orleans 70.3 next month. The biscuits sure were tasty!!!!



This little sign hung on the wall at Mother's cracked me up ;)

We went shopping on Magazine Street, made a visit to Whole Foods, and then shopped a little more around Cafe Du Monde area (can't remember that street name!) It was a fun little getaway that we both needed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment