Friday, January 8, 2010

Excuse me-Excuse me!!! What's my motivation?

I’m sure you remember the Sprite commercial which carried this slogan. It showed three basketball players in a street ball scene. At the end of the scene they are frustrated and begin to assess their worth. One actor recounts that he played Hamlet at Cambridge and the final actor approaches the director and says, “Excuse me, what’s my motivation?”

I think the Cassell's are feeling a little like the ball players lately. I just can't seem to get in the groove of training. Could the extremely cold weather for the South be the culprit? Let's go with that one. Seriously, I just want to hibernate (well, after I stuff my face with lots of food ;)
Here's an example of the life of the Cassell's through text message this week:

From Amanda (sent to Matt-Wedn @ 3:15pm) --- Me and u got a date tonite
w/ ab ripper and weights

From Matt (replying to Amanda)---- Nope. I've got my mind on cupcakes and a movie
(I made strawberry cupcakes the night before ;)

From Amanda------ Well, I've got my mind on house re-modeling &
babies, but that won't get us any faster at
Ironman Canada, now will it? ;)

From Matt-------- It would make me faster cause I wouldn't have
to drag your butt along the bike!!!

From Amanda---- Yeah, but u also wouldn't run a fast marathon,
b/c u wouldn't have me behind gettin' ready to
chick u!! Boooo-----yahhhh!!!


Can you feel the motivation?? Can you feel it?? Ha!!! What is gonna take to get a spark under us? Hmmmm..........good question. In the meantime, I'll continue to bake cupcakes and choose paint swatch colors ;)

In other news, Sadie is behind on her house training progress. I blame it on Ollie. Ollie was COMPLETELY house trained in 2 weeks. Sadie sure has some high standards to live up to. She is a butterball----so cute!!!! I open the door to yell for them to come in----a few seconds later, you see Ollie running as fast as he can towards the door---Sadie is directly following his every move!

Matt says he is going to take HG TV away from me..............you see, I am getting LOTS of house planning tips; the problem arises in the fact that we don't yet have a house nearly big enough to design all these things I want to design. Boo!!!!!
In the meantime, I will keep taking mental notes of all the things I want to design once we get our dream home. Watch out dear!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be dangerous ;)

Ideas for this home include:

1) Re-model front of home------paint siding- install new wood door--buy wood shutters and paint a pretty shade of light green

2) Re-model fireplace---take out tile around chimney--install slate.

3) Paint living room----light green vs. light blue vs. tan.

4) Install crown molding at top of living room.

5) Re-paint guest bathroom (Dear, you agree on this one ;) It's a LITTLE brighter
blue than I was going for a few months ago ;)

I think that's all my ideas for now ;)

See..................I told you my mind was on other things besides Ironman training!!!!! Gotta get my bootie in gear ;)

As for the weekend, I will participating in the Blues Marathon, but just doing the relay team this year for Fleet Feet!! 15 degrees ladies and gentleman!!! I hope I can feel any parts of my body when I am done!!

Here's hoping that next time I write, we have found our mojo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment