Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Making Her Grand Debut-----------Sadie Girl ;)

I promised an update on our newest little family member on our last blog post. Well, here she is in all her glory :)



She is only 6 weeks old, but she already has LOTS of personality ;) Ollie doesn't quite know what to think of her yet. He understands that she is smaller than him, but he wants to play with her SO bad and doesn't quite know how ;) He is actually a little scared of her; He DOES let her play with his toys, though, so that is a good sign.

I am a little worried about her right now. The first night we got her home, she cried all night, which is expected. We are crate-training her, so it is hard to hear her crying in the other room and not do anything about her. I think her little system is in shock right now because she has had an upset stomach for the past two days. To top it all off, this morning I was holding her in my lap while I checked my emails; I was getting ready for work and had a load of laundry in the washer. I stuck my phone in my robe while I held her. Suddenly, she started vomiting ALL over my robe; Quickly thinking, I ran to the washing machine, threw my robe in with the other clothes I had just started and went into the other room to tend to her.

Yeah, so I washed my Blackberry. Not good. Not good at all. You never truly appreciate your need for a cell phone until you don't have immediate access to it. I HAVE to have my cell phone at all times due to my job. I am constantly in my car; I don't even have a land line. Needless to say, I panicked. Luckily, Matt has an old cell phone, so I took it to Cellular South and they transferred my number for now. I researched a little bit and read to put a water-logged phone in a bowl of dry rice. The rice tends to soak up all the excess water from the phone. I am not supposed to even put the battery back in the phone for 48 hours. I'm praying that it will work when I try again. I really can't afford to buy a brand new phone during the holidays :(

I did find an interesting item at Petsmart for Sadie, until she gets over this shock of being in a new environment. Check it out!!! Puppy diapers ;) Don't laugh!!!! These things are a God-send at the moment; I don't want her to be restricted right now, because I read that newborn puppies need affection more than anything to keep them well. At least with the diapers, she can walk around us for limited amounts of time without fear of her having an accient all over the place.





Please pray that she will get over this transition quickly. I want her to enjoy her new family and not feel so horrible all the time like she seems to be lately :(

No comments:

Post a Comment