Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Post-Race freedom ;)

So, the two weeks of doing absolutely nothing was veryyyyy nice ;) I felt a little guilty when you combine it with eating anything I want, but hey, you gotta live a little between training, right? :)

In my free time, I have painted the kitchen a beautiful shade of light blue/aqua, along with antiquing all of my kitchen cabinets, something which was extremely easier than I ever imagined!! I will post pics soon :)

We had an interesting experience with Sadie girl last weekend. We finally got to spend a much needed, relaxing weekend at my family's in DeKalb. Long story short, Sadie ran into the woods and was nowhere to be found until after lunch the next day---that's 17 hours in the woods alone!!!! Now if you know our Sadie, she is absolutely terrified of anything, anyone, PERIOD. She is very unlike Ollie, who would lick and cuddle someone to their death. Sadie either stays by my side or Ollie's side ALL THE TIME. In the shower? Sadie's outside the door. Asleep in bed? Sadie's right below me on the floor. She will be asleep in the living room and if I get up to walk in the kitchen, she MUST follow me every time. It's just her personality. That's why it was so strange when she disappeared. I really thought a) someone stole her b) something bit her or worse.

Needless to say, we figured out the problem after she came back. She was in heat. We took her to the vet and took care of that quickly. Poor little girl, she felt so bad for 2 days, but now she is back to her old self.......never leaving my side as usual :)

On another note, I began P90X on Monday. I have never been able to fit in weight training, either from lack of time from Ironman trainig, or just not wanting to wait out the soreness that would keep me from training through it.
Day 1 was back and chest------now did I mention I haven't worked out my chest in 4 years?? Yeah. Years. Let's just say I'm a little sore today, shall we?

This morning was Plyometrics. Matt and I both woke up at 6am and squeezed it in before work. This was a little fun, although tough since we aren't used to plyo either. Let's bet that I will be quite sore from this one tomorrow as well. I bet that run's going to be quite fun ;) It has been a breath of fresh air lately to train when we want, sleep in later, and not have a PLAN to follow. We are just playing it by ear right now. No races scheduled. Nothing specific to train for. Nice, nice, nice :)

We were originally planning on Austin 70.3 depending on how we felt after Ironman Canada. We decided to pass on it, in order to put some money towards debt. Our goal is to have debt paid off by January. That way, we can get an SUV for the one-day family................which we hope will be in the not too far future ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment