Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chattanooga Mountains vs. Mississippi triathletes----Take 2

So, I am still catching up on the blogging world. I apologize for being MIA these last couple weeks---------Ironman peak phase will do that to you ;) My day consists of:

* Wake up at o'dark thirty
* Train and train some more
* Try to function at work without falling asleep
* Caffeine to help with the above
* Train
* Try to throw the most simple dinner possible together
* Sleep
* Repeat

Yep. That about sumssss it up lately.

We did end up going back to Chattanooga for one grand finale on the last weekend of August. Another couple, Donny and Pam Schilling, joined us this time, along with Danny and Jackie Williams again.

We got a cool little cabin with a pool and a fantastic view. Too bad we didn't actually get to enjoy the pool or the cabin much, due to all that training :(


We got in lots of climbing again, and I felt even stronger on those mountains than I did the first time, so improvement was shown there ;) I know we'll be thankful in Canada that we made the extra effort to climb more!!

One scary thing that I encountered this time was coming down the mountain after it just began to rain. I was TERRIFIED!!!! I really was. I remember being told by someone once that if the roads are freshly wet from rain, you have to be extra careful coming down a mountain. Well, that's kinda hard to do, considering I freak out anyway and try not to constantly break when flying down a mountain. These are mountains that Matt maxed out going down at 50 mph. They are STEEP!!!!! I started praying out loud at the top of the mountain, and I bet I prayed to God about 12 times before I got to the bottom. No kidding. I was so thankful to get to the bottom I can't even explain it!!!!!!!

We had a great time though!!! We decided to grill that night instead of go out--Jackie bought the BEST filets at Fresh Market!!! Divine!!!!! The most tender meat you ever tasted ;) So, our meal consisted of salad, steak, baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and veggies, and some yummy bread!! I made a candy bar dessert too :)

Leaving you with some pics :)



1 comment:

  1. You guys really know how to work and play hard. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete