Thursday, May 13, 2010

Out of "Bounds"

Matt and I had it cut out for us this morning. Yep. Hill Bounds.

* Quite intense
* Must do more often
* Don't really enjoy the feeling of almost vomiting every time I reach the top of the hill
* Definitely must do more often
* As for reasoning, because I really don't feel like vomiting at 5am while running


As you can see, I can't seem to come up with complete sentences this morning. I think the hill bounds beat my body up a little.........possibly all the way up to my brain? ;)

For the past couple months, Matt and I have been doing hill repeats, which is what we THOUGHT our coach prescribed us. Upon looking at the plan a little closer earlier in the week, Matt picked up on the fact that our coach actually prescribed hill "bounds", not repeats. Oh yes, there IS a difference ;) So, this morning we attempted to do what we were assigned to do all along.


So, here's a little dialouge from the morning:

5 AM---

1st Hill Bound---------
Matt: Maybe these aren't quite as bad as repeats---they're hard, but in a
different kind of way.
Amanda: (thinking to myself) Yeah, these aren't going to be as hard---SCORE!!!

2nd Hill Bound---------
Matt: Hmmmm.........that seemed to feel a little longer than the 1st.
Amanda: Yeah, I kept waiting for you to say, "ok, stop." It took forever.

3rd Hill Bound--------
Matt: Ok, these are worse.
Amanda: (wooo wwoooooo wwwooooo wooooooo---breathing like I'm dying)
Yeah, these are worse.

4th Hill Bound--------
Matt: Holy Mother, I think I am going to hurl.
Amanda: (gagging) Ugh. This is awful. I don't know how many more I can do.

Then we carry on with a conversation as we run down the hill. We discuss how Matt thinks he should hurl instead of me, because it would be much more impressive since he ate a larger breakfast. Ooooohhhhhhh, the conversations that 2 married triathletes carry on at dark o'thirty in the morning.................impressive, huh? I know you're jealous ;)

Repeat dialouge from 4th hill bound x 2.


Now, let's complete this day with a recovery bike with Tabata intervals. Wonder how we shall sleep tonight??

Recovery week.................................where AREEEEEEEEEEE You???????????

No comments:

Post a Comment