Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One Word.

Last Sunday, Matt and I were listening to Chip preach at Pinelake. This series of sermons has been related to heaven. During part of the sermon, Chip asked us to think of one word that would describe how we feel right now. He said he imagined that most people's word would be 'tired'. I will admit, at that moment, he was right. I WAS tired. I AM tired quite a bit lately----most busy month ever at work, triathlon season at its peak (which means mass emails from MS Heat members every day to answer ;), training, training, and more training, etc.

Matt looked at me during church and said, "Hmmmm.......if I had to pick one, it would be 'content'." I sat there for a moment, and I couldn't help but smile inside. What better word to describe how you feel but content? It sure made me feel good ;) I know I am not a perfect wife by any means, but being married means taking the good with the bad. He sure loves me, through my happy times, as well as my horrendous, PMS-stricken moody and devilish times!!!!

And although my word for the day might have initially been 'tired', if I had to pick a word for my life right now, it would be 'blessed'. I am totally, 100% blessed. I deserve nothing that God has given me, yet he has showered me with a wonderful, attentive husband, a beautiful family and friends, perfect health and fitness to partake in Ironman triathlons, and a wonderful job in which I can help others first-hand. I couldn't ask for more. Often, I just stop in the middle of the day and pray quietly, "thank you God. Thank you SO much for all you have given me." For I am BLESSED, indeed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment