Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll !!




So, after ALL the rain over the last few weeks and me growing tired of picking up 3 scarecrows about 50 times after the rain/wind would knock them on their faces, we made a trip to the local farmer's market to purchase a hay bail :) Isn't it cute?!

The good news for the week? Matt passed his Internal Medicine boards with flying colors ;) I think I was more excited about it than him!! Now, one last step-----Hematology/Oncology boards in the future..............I bet he will be glad when he doesn't have to take any more tests!!

Not much going on this week------tapering for the marathon..........never knew my mind would become so altered on what a longer run is considered. 10 and 12 milers are a piece of cake now------kind of like my mind used to think of 5 milers. It's crazy what your body will get adjusted to when you train it with volume.

Plans for the weekend include the Lake Caroline 15K. Matt is planning on racing it. I am planning on running it as a training run with some friends----possibly a 1 mile warmup and cool down to get my last longer length run in before New York..........can't believe we will be leaving in less than a week!!!!!! Matt is in hopes that the Yankees will make it to game 6 of the World Series.....It would fall on the Wednesday that we are in NY!!! We shall see!! Matt is going to work at the VA Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday afternoon to make a little extra dough.

Leaving you with a cute note, my little 4-year-old niece, Anne Elise, stays with my mom during the week. My sister, Elisa, has started saving baby clothes for me for the future when I will need them. Lately, my mom has been putting them up in a safe spot upstairs at her home. She says Anne Elise goes upstairs every morning, refolds the clothes, and says, " I am getting these ready for the baby, Nana". I think she is under the impression that I will be having a baby VERY soon :) Last November, she was staying at my house one night and said to me, "I want a baby for Christmas, Manda". I said, "Oh, do you now? Where are you going to get one of those?" She replied, "You" :) LOL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment